Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends get a chance to say their goodbyes, and at the same time, they get to share strong feelings with one another.
In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Grief Resources For Children
- Fernside Online – an online resource for grieving children.
- The Dougy Center – the first center in the United States to provide peer support groups for grieving children.
CURRENT & PAST OBITUARIES
ORDER SUPPORT 1-888-610-8262
UPCOMING & PAST EVENTS
SAFE & SECURE PAYMENTS
OUR DEDICATED SECTION
Thank you so much for all the things big and small that you provided during our loss. You will always be special in our lives.
Harris Funeral Home is the best in this area. I buried my son and Harris Funeral Home showed me so much comfort and support.
Harris Funeral Home is number one in my book. They did not just put anything on us, they gave us many choices. We give you your flowers right now.
Love the way you reach out to people, showed a lot of love and support. You really went through all the details, including ways to meet our budget when making arrangements
This is one of the most difficult things a family has to deal with, and the services provided by Harris Funeral Home were very instrumental in helping us get through this difficult time.
Excellent; outstanding services provided.
This was our 2nd funeral in a month; the services were very personal and caring. Harris Funeral Home provided many small but meaningful extras
Everything was done to make it easy for the family to do what they needed to do during the passing of our loved one. Thanks for all you do for this community, To God be the glory!
Jeffery Harris was very sensitive and helpful to us in the loss of our mother. His attention to detail for our mother’s funeral service was outstanding
My family will always be grateful for the love shown by Jeff, Ramon and the staff of Harris Funereal Home during the passing of my loved one.
AS ONLY A FAMILY CAN
515 South 6th Street Opelika, AL 36801 | TEL: 334-749-6583 | FAX: 334-749-6587
Sympathetic, Courteous & Professional Service
© Harris Funeral Home, Inc. | Site by: articdesigns.com | PastOBITS | EmailLOGIN | ObitLOGIN